Sunday, May 07, 2006

Death of a colleague

My early afternoon started off with a bit of a shock, and a reminder of how short life is.

My mother said she'd overheard on the news segment on a local talk-radio station that a former co-worker had died in a snorkelling accident in Thailand.

I honestly didn't believe her, until I saw it for myself on TV. It makes tears spring to my eyes, but I still can't quite process that it's happened.

While I didn't really know him that well, I had worked with him on a number of occasions. The impression I've always had of him was one of a consummate professional who loved what he did (probably the one thing I want for myself).

Even more than that, I got the sense he was someone who, despite this crazy business we're in, kept his good soul intact. And that's probably what has affected me the most.

My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.

If you wish, you can read about him here.

No comments: