Monday, October 09, 2006

The Ills of Working Thanksgiving

Did you all have a good Thanksgiving?

I wish I could say I did, but ... I really didn't have much of one. Neither did the loads of people who ended up at work today. And I think a few omens made themselves known.

First, North Korea decides TODAY to try and prove they deserve a seat at the nuclear poker table, much to everyone's surprise and annoyance.

Then a couple of people here in Toronto are paralyzed because of the botulism in their organic carrot juice (which was recalled, like, two weeks ago), probably prompting junk- and fast-foodie fundamentalists somewhere in the world to break out the "I told you so" dance.

And then, the piece de resistance. You Tube gets swallowed WHOLE by Google.

Did the whole world just tilt sideways?

See, my friends? This is why no good ever comes of making people work Thanksgiving. Bad things happen, dudes. Bad. Things. Happen.

2 comments:

AquariusDragon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AquariusDragon said...

I had a nice juicy turkey... and a ham to boot! Not to mention all the side dishes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, corn, baked potatoes, caesar salad, rice and pumpkin pie, baby! YUM! Too bad you had to work!