Sunday, December 31, 2006

Player Problem Resolved (For Now)

Following my rant two days ago, I marched down to Future Shop yesterday and got myself a new player, after waiting about 15 minutes in line, of course.

I almost didn't think I was going to get one. When one of the salespeople said there were none left on the shelves, I was like, "Either I'm going to get a new one, or I'm getting one in the same price range, because that cost $240."

So customer service made the guy go to the basement and fish out the one of four players they had in stock.

I am also the reluctant new owner of a two-year service plan, which I vowed not to get, even after seeing all those consumer news reports on how it's a rip-off. Oh well. At least I know if this joystick breaks off, I have a service warranty receipt to wave around in their faces.

Hopefully it won't come to that.

Or this.

No comments: