Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Hardest Part About Turning 30 Is ...

... trying to plan your own birthday party, and not having a plan!

Eeeek!

I've still got just over 11 days left to figure this out, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to make this somewhat memorable. And I'm not going to work the day after, so it's not like I have to worry about going home early.

So far, the suggestions I've gotten are:

  • renting out a bar
  • reliving my youthful days by either going to somewhere like the old Playdium or Laser Tag.

If anyone's got any good suggestions, please throw them out there. I'd be happy to consider (or combine) any of them.

UPDATE: So I did manage to find a venue for the party. Now the real planning - and waiting for people to respond - begins. Ugh.

3 comments:

AquariusDragon said...

You're going to be 30 so the options are limitless! You can do whatever the heck you want and the best part of it all, you won't even care what anyone else thinks!

I guess you'll have to decide whether you want to go all out and party it up or do something a little more mellow.

Good luck making that decision!

Caroline said...

Go all out!!! I think your birthday sets the precedence for the whole year!!! I say, move forward and rent out a whole bar. Fill it with all the people who love you!!!

This is so exciting!!!

Tara said...

Alice Fazooli's!!! See you there Cougar.