Thursday, March 01, 2007

At This Rate, The Ides of March Might Kick My Ass

Well, well, well. In like a lion, indeed.

Just when I thought things might actually be mild enough not to wear those horribly thick-soled boots I've been using for the last couple of months, Mother Nature decides to take a pile driver to Toronto.

It's RIDICULOUS out there right now ... blizzarding like it's my birthday. And it's not even over - apparently we're due for some ice pellets, if we haven't started getting them already.

You know, come to think of it, these past couple of days have just been weird for me in general.

So far:

- Work has been absolutely mental. I have never run so much in the hallways at work in my life.

- Yesterday my uncle's mother checked out of the country club called Life on the same day his new grandson checked in. Apparently both of these events happened in the morning, and in Florida, where that part of my family lives.

The little squirt's name is Uriah - sure it's an old biblical name, but coincidentally, it also just happens to be the name of my cousin's father. Not coincidentally, my cousin HATES her father. So she had a bit of a conniption when she found out her little cousin's new name.

- One of my other cousins in England got beat up by his father (due to cowardice, not drugs, alcohol or what have you) and my cousin had to call the cops. (Yes, my extended family is dyfunctional, like quite a few people.)

- Last night, I dreamed a tiger was licking my hand. Okay, not quite. I mean, there was this guy pretending to be a cat at what I think was some kind of TV show or party. And I remember being told to close my eyes, and then having this warm tongue licking my hand. The tongue definitely WASN'T human, and when I opened my eyes - voila! A big, white tiger.

I read one online analysis about the symbolism of tigers and I have no idea what to think, or what this could mean. And I rarely have dreams where I actually remember anything.

And the weather just capped it off.

I know it sounds like none of those things are particularly related to one another, but I just found all that bizarre.

I really hope that "beware the Ides of March" business isn't actually something to take to heart. Otherwise I'd better start wearing a bulletproof vest just before St. Patrick's Day.

No comments: