Tuesday, March 06, 2007

If I Had One Of These ...

So I've been at my new desk at work for just under four weeks now. I have pretty much the essentials: (some) desk surface to write on ... a functioning computer with Internet access (heh) ... I even got my own pencil sharpener.

But despite this, and a few knicknacks I keep to make my desk more "me" like (ie. miniature gnome I got in a workplace Secret Santa last Christmas, the magnet I got from my boss on his return from Turkey, and the stress cow I keep for special occasions), something is still missing.

I mean, one of my co-workers has pictures on his desk. Another has not one, but TWO globes of the world perched up on hers. What the hell do I have? My workspace really doesn't have any character, no identity ... nuttin'.

And then, while cleaning my desk earlier this week, it hit me. I need something to store my pens and pencils. But not just in anything.

I need a pimp cup. With my name on it in big, shiny, gems.

You know what I'm talkin' about. Those iced-out magic goblets crunk and gangsta rappers (and sometimes, their wives) use to carry their "crunk juice" (not to be confused with Michael Jackson's "Jesus Juice") in.

I think there are SO many pros to having one. Aside from it being the most kick-ass pencil-and-pen holder ever, it would definitely be a talking piece to anyone that would visit my workspace. And no one I know of that works in my building has one. (And if there is someone who does, we're going to have to have a discussion.)

Plus, I'd be able to use it on special occasions when someone decides to open a bottle of wine.

And potentially best of all - it could also work to my advantage in work situations. Say I don't want to do something. The pimp cup could give me an excuse to be totally obnoxious:

Co-worker: Hey, could you go and get this news item from our satellite desk. We need it for our show.

Me (grabs the pimp cup and empties out the contents): What?

Co-worker: I said, could you please go and get the news -

Me: What?!

Co-worker: (looks at me strangely) Are you deaf? I need the -

Me (stands, holding pimp cup to one side): WHAT?!

Co-worker: (exasperated sigh) Oh, forget it. I'll just go and get it myself. (Walks away)

Me: (Raising my pimp cup) O-KAY!

See? So many advantages. I think L'il Jon and the rest of them may have been on to something.

So, potential Secret Santas, consider the biggest hint EVER as to what I want for our gift exchange in December. Take a good, long, hard look at it.

Now get to workin'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you just had your birthday or I'd buy you one. Maybe next year!

D.C. said...

hahaha! Well, keep it on your list of possible presents ...

AquariusDragon said...

So, when you get your pimp cup... does that mean you'll be pimping out your pens and pencils? How much will you be charging?

D.C. said...

Depends ... but I'll definitely be giving discounts to friends!