Monday, August 13, 2007

The Countdown Begins

It's Monday ...

Which means it's my second-last day of work until vacation starts ...

And T-minus four days and counting until I strap myself into the seat of a Zoom Airlines plane bound for Paris. And eventually on to Barcelona.

Gahhhhh.

I'm. SO. Nervous.

I really hope the weather clears up by the time I get over there. I heard today that Barcelona's had some flooding. I can only assume they're talking about the suburbs.

And I STILL have stuff to do. And I can't do a damn thing 'cause I'm pinned down at work. *sigh*

I've been trying to play it cool and not think about it. But one co-worker is kindly lending me a novel about Barcelona by this Spanish author (which there's no way I can read before I leave) and people keep making reference to the trip. Talk about your workmates actively contributing to your lack of focus at work.

And I have to start packing tonight, because at least three people I know want me to hang out with them before I go. And as you know, I have issues with saying "no", so ...

Aw, man. I hope I can get everything done in time.

No comments: