Sunday, January 21, 2007

Modified Speech: New Year, New Words?

I meant to do this earlier in the month, but I didn't have a chance to get around to it ...

The first Wednesday of January, I bought a National Post on the way to work (because they were all out of Globe and Mails) and they had this kinda neat little section which read, "What better way to start 2007 than with some new vocabulary?" And you could go to their Web site and vote on the best one, or introduce your own word.

There were about 16 of them on the front, but here are the ones I liked the most and may start using, (if I haven't already). Don't say I didn't warn you.

Googley moogley: adj.
The frustration point you reach when the world's most popular search engine can't find what you're are looking for.

Hangry: adj.
The state of crabbiness that sets in when you haven't eaten.
(So far, my favourite.)

iPoodle: n.
A person who shamelessly jumps on every new technological fad.

Schadenfreudian slip: n.
Accidentally admitting that you wanted someone to fail.

Shpants: n.
Women's dress pant that are not quite clam diggers, not quite capris but also not quite shorts.

Wussam: v.
A response to a question indicating that you were, and still are, in the same condition.

3 comments:

AquariusDragon said...

I can certainly relate to hangry!

D.C. said...

Man, "hangry" is my new favourite word of the year! I already use it!

AquariusDragon said...

Man hangry works really well! Love it! Looking forward to using it!