Saturday, January 20, 2007

Where Do the Stupid People Go?

Call it bizarre, but I've had this question burning a hole in my grey matter the last couple days ...

Okay, so if you believe - or were taught when you were a kid - that people "go somewhere" when they die, the common belief is (or was) that good people go to Heaven, Paradise, whatever ... and bad, evil people go to Hell.

So where do the stupid people go?

No, seriously. I thought about this the other day, when news kept resurfacing of that woman in California who killed herself drinking too much water, to win a contest that was giving away a Nintendo Wii.

Think about it. She drank herself to death. For a machine. How stupid IS that?

I'm sorry if you think it's mean-spirited or cruel of me to say so (which would probably mean I'll be heading to hell when it's my time) . But WHY would you DO that? NO piece of video game equipment - being offered for free, as a prize - is worth that.

And then there are things like the Darwin Awards, which document people who have killed themselves doing crazy things in the name of ... who knows?

I can't imagine the vast numbers of people who have died due to stupidity. Not due to an accident. Or being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or getting what they deserved. Or dying unjustly. Because they did something without using ANY of their brain cells about what the end result might be.

And I can't imagine, what these people are doing right now, wherever they may be.

I have to stop here. My head hurts right now from thinking about this.

2 comments:

Cinders said...

Religiously speaking, it would depend on what the person believed in before they died. If they truly believed in Christ, then they would go to Heaven. If not, they don't. Sadly though it may be. Even for the evil people.

D.C. said...

Thanks for that. I just had that pop into my head the other day and wondered.